Loving You More Each Day

Hi!!! Happy Friday!!
Today is a great day!  It's the start of PAX Prime here in Seattle!!!!  It's been 4 years since we've been able to attend any sort of convention, and we are so excited to finally be back to an area that has some of the best conventions around!  And one of the best parts is Matthew's company has a very large booth set up for people to sit down and play their game!
I've had the opportunity to play the game twice, once being last night with a couple of my best friends.  It was So. Much. Fun!!!  If you happen to be going to PAX this weekend, seek out this desk and PLAY THIS GAME!  You won't regret it!

If you aren't at PAX, visit their site:  Gigantic
Beta will be opening up soon so get your name in for the chance to play!!  Woot!!

Since we were in downtown Seattle last night, the joy of being back to our home in Washington sort of re-flooded me today.  It's an overwhelming love for this state...something I can never find the right words to say.  But being here never gets old and I'm reminded each day that this is home, and it's only going to get better.

So of course, I had to make a card to reflect that :)
 And of course that card has to have a cat :)  The kitty stamp is from Newton's Antics.
Matthew bought me this amazing die cut of the space needle for my birthday last month and I'm finally getting the chance to sit down and play with it.  It's from Impress Stamps, and it cuts so beautifully!  I absolutely love it!

I did a bunch of distress ink blending on my card to keep it all soft and sweet.  Since everything on here was die cut, I decided to do no-lines coloring for my kitty.  This scared me a bit, but I think my little Stormie kitty turned out super cute!  I impressed myself!  Considering my time at my craft desk has been super limited lately...picking those markers up was intimidating, but inspiring :)

I added little bits of detail to the hills around the space needle and kitty.  It was looking a little flat without all those flowers.  Then stamped out my awesome sentiment and placed it over the space needle!  It felt so fitting for how I'm feeling right now :)

A little heart above the sentiment and everything was done!  Love this card so much!!!

I hope you are someplace that fills your heart with joy and love!  I am learning just how important that really is in life :)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    Chocolate, Coffee, Cards #98-Use A Sentiment
    Craft Your Passion #276-Anything Goes
    Newton's Inky Paws Challenge #24-Sketch
    Simon Says Stamp-Anything Goes
    Word Art Wednesday #198-Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by! <3

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun event. We hope to go up to Seattle for a visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet memories.Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 198th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE! Love that kitty, and your sponging is so smooth! The colors are blended perfectly. Love also how you added flowers to the grass. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the fun scene you created with the Space Needle die cut in the background! That kitty sure gets to travel the world! Your fields of flowers are really pretty too! Thanks for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.

    - Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the scene you created, and awesome job coloring the kitty:) Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    xx Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet card!!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete