Grateful Little Kitty

Hi Everyone!!
I hope your week has been fabulous!  It's been a bit rainy and cool here in Washington, but I absolutely love it because fall is in the air!!  Don't get me wrong...I love summer too but nothing beats cooler weather and the smell of fall.  Which is what inspired my card today, along with getting new goodies from Newton's Nook :)
I had so much fun putting this card together!  I'm not sure the background works all that well combined with my pumpkin kitty, but I couldn't resist putting the two of them together.

To start my card, I blended together 4 different colors of ink onto a piece of cardstock.  Then stamped my leaves from the Falling Into Autumn set from Newton's Nook with Versamark and clear embossed them so the ink colors below would show through but be protected so I could go over the whole background with black ink.  I left the black ink layer a little light so that hints of the colors below would show through but the black would still be bold enough to make the leaves pop.  I learned this technique from a card that Kelly Latevola shared over on the A2Z Scrapbooking blog.
Lets just say I loved it and will probably be using it a lot more :)

I couldn't decide how to add my kitty from the Newton's Perfect Pumpkin set to this fun background.  I didn't really want to stamp her on white and have all that bright white paper clashing with such a dark bold background.  In the end I decided to stamp her onto watercolor paper and watercolored her in to match my sweet Cloud.  Die cut out some grass and blended some greens to give it a little dimension.  Then popped it all up on foam tape.

The sentiment is from the Autumn Blessings set from Simon Says Stamp.  I clear embossed that onto watercolor paper and then blended the red around it, just like I did with the background, making sure the edges were a bit darker than the rest of the tag.

To finish it all off, I die cut a curve along the bottom and added some sweet Lawn Fawn paper so it would just barely peek out.

Love this card so much!  It's nice to finally get the chance to really play at my work desk. We've had so much going on that my desk has not seen a lot of love.  But hopefully that is changing now :)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    AAA Cards #47-Spectacular Embossing
    Creative Inspirations #325-Warm Colors
    Incy Wincy Designs-Anything Goes
    Newton's Ink Paws Challenge #24-Sketch
    Inky Paws #24 Sketch Challenge | Newton's Nook Designs
    Simon Says Stamp-Make It Colorful
    The Paper Shelter #217-Embossing
    Time Out #39-Make Your Mark

Thanks for stopping by! <3

12 comments:

  1. This sure is spectacular embossing, Emily. It's bright and cheerful and I really like the combination of the leaves in the bg and the kitty in the front. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Spectacular Embossing Challenge this week. Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week in our challenge of Warm Colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love all the fabulous fall colors. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love that technique. thanks for linking up at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fun background - great use of a resist technique with embossing - perfect for our challenge at AAA! Thanks so much for sharing! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just cute and gorgeous with a beautiful embossed BG
    Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that background is gorgeous! I have to try that technique - so pretty! I think it goes great with the pumpkin kitty image and I love how you interpreted the sketch! Such a wonderful fall card!
    Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.

    - Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs! Hope to see more of your lovely work in our upcoming challnge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Autumn card. the colours are beautiful and rich. Love it all. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, lovely rich Autumn colours. Thanks so much for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blended colors over the white embossing. Thank you so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards Embossing Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your oh so cute card!!! I really need to get me some Newton Nook stamps!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete