Dreaming

Happy New Year!
2015 was such a whirlwind...so much wonderful change it's hard to remember everything that happened.  But I'm hoping for an even better 2016!  I hope everyone has had a wonderful couple of weeks celebrating holidays and relaxing with family.

We have a fabulous new release to share with you today at Sami Stamps - Fuzzy Cup Friends!
I got to work with the sweet little Cup Bunny image:
This image was so sweet, I wanted to keep the card relatively soft and sweet as well.  Matthew bought me a wonderful new leopard print stamp from Hero Arts for Christmas and I couldn't wait to use it.  I thought a monochromatic stamping of it would work well for this card.  The base is a piece of Surf Blue cardstock from Simon Says Stamp and I used Soft Navy for the stamp.

I cut a piece of vellum just slightly smaller than the card front so that it muted most of the background but not all of it, so it seems like I have a border around the outside of the card.  I cut out a stitched scallop circle along with a thin frame to go on the inside, and then inked that little frame with the Soft Navy as well.

Then worked on my image.  I colored up the bunny with my pencils to keep him super cute and soft.  I really wanted some stripes on the cup but Matthew also bought me a laminator for Christmas so I could start foiling things!  So I added a few silver foiled stripes to the cup!!  So cute!  I'm still learning how to get it just right, so there are a few patchy spots in the foil...but I'll figure it out!

I almost forgot about our new challenge starting today as well to add sparkle...but good thing I can't seem to make a card without some sort of glitter on it :)  So I added a stripe of silver glitter paper around the image frame and then finished the whole thing off with a super cute sentiment from the Talk Bubbles set from Simon Says and a few sparkly dots of glossy accents.

I hope you will stop by Sami Stamps to see the rest of this release and to join in our fun challenge!!

Thanks for visiting!! <3

1 comment:

  1. Awwww this is totally Cute love it xx

    ReplyDelete