Watercoloring Embossed Florals

Happy Tuesday!
We have a fun new challenge for you today at Tuesday Throwdown.  We want to see Sparkle!!
And our fabulous sponsor this week is Honey Bee Stamps!!!  I'm so thrilled to have them as a sponsor!  Their products are absolutely adorable and every release they just get better!

I'm totally smitten with their stamps...not only are they gorgeous, but they have taken on a huge roll in my strive to overcome my creative rut.  And honestly, I think their designs are perfect to work with when searching for inspiration because they are lovely, yes, but they are simple in that loveliness.. So you don't have to always think of complicated techniques to pair with the stamps.  They are gorgeous on their own and I love that!

So I shared my tips on getting through a rut last week.  While I was making that card, this card happened to pop out as well :)
There is nothing overly complicated with this card and yet I feel like it is absolutely striking!  Again, to focus on getting my creativity flowing again, I stuck with the techniques and materials that I love, so sparkle, watercolors, and embossing.

I embossed all of the flowers that I used from the Country Wreath set in white onto watercolor paper.  Then I did super simple washes to color them.  Nothing fancy, just cover the image with water and drop your colors on.  Move them around a bit until they fill the image the way you want them to and then let them dry.  Simple as that.  It satisfies that desire to watercolor without having to think super hard about getting the right blend or not dropping too much water into the image.

I did blend a few colors together on each of the images.  For the flowers I did a blue and pink.  Nothing too crazy but just enough to change the colors from flower to flower.  And the leaves are all just 2 different shades of green.  Once everything was dry, I fussy cut them out.

For the background, I didn't want anything that would pull away from these super pretty flowers, so I stamped a simple stripe background with the Winnie & Walter Scenery: Stripes set in a super super light blue.

Then cut out a stitched rectangle frame with my Silhouette and mounted that to the card front with some foam tape.  I also applied a heavy coat of some Spectrum Noir Clear Shimmer because...why not? :)  Once that was all put together, I started assembling my flowers.  I wanted there to be a heavy cluster in the bottom right and a small cluster in the top left.  So I started with the bottom right and got everything arranged the way I liked it, adding foam tape to some and regular tape adhesive to others so there was a variation in their heights.  Then took the left over pieces and added them to the top left corner.

After all that was done, I realized I hadn't added a sentiment or figured out what I wanted that sentiment to be.  So I pulled out the Beautiful Life set and started testing which sentiment would work.  I totally meant to stamp more than just the Beautiful...but forgot and then couldn't find a good place to put the rest.  So I left it at just the Beautiful stamped onto some vellum and embossed with Liquid Platinum.

I scattered a few Sparkling Clear Sequins around the arrangements and added a little bit of Ice White Pearl Pen to the centers.  Love love Love!!

I hope you will stop by Tuesday Throwdown to see the rest of the DT's creations and then join in this super fun challenge!!

I'd like to enter this into the AAA Cards challenge - Blending!

Thanks for visiting! <3

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I love the flowers and the sparkly edging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card with fabulous colour choices. Thanks for playing at AAA cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the blending on your flowers. Love the gold embossing on the vellum. Thanks of linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete