Peace on Earth

Happy Tuesday!
Here to share a quick little card with you for our new Easel Card challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!
I know it looks a little complicated, but really it wasn't!
I started by blending some Evergreen Bough, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire to my trimmed front.  Then splattered the whole thing with some white shimmer paint and set that aside to dry while I worked on the ornament.

This image is from our awesome sponsor this week - The Stamping Boutique!!  It's called Cardinal Ornament and is oh so gorgeous!  I did some simple coloring with my ShinHan markers and then a little ink blending around the outside to match the background, leaving the area around the cardinal super light to represent a glow.  I added some little shimmer dots with my gel pen around the bird and then took some clear embossing ink and covered the whole image.  I was a little freaked out to do this thinking it might smear my image, but all was good!

Once the whole thing was covered with this embossing ink, I coated it with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I did this about 3 times to get a nice thick layer with lots of shine.  The nice thing with this smallish sized image was I could keep the whole thing warm and just dip it back into the embossing powder to get another coat.  The heat picks up the powder and then it's super easy to just set it with the heat tool!

After the embossing was done, I threaded a string through the back center of the ornament and into the frame so it's suspended in the window like a spinner card.  Cut out a cute branch and added some ink and puffy snow stuff and then attached it so it looks like the ornament is hanging from that branch.

I added my sentiment on the inside, hidden behind the image so you only see it when you open the easel card.  Love it!!

Be sure to swing by Tuesday Throwdown to see the rest of the DT's awesome easel cards!

Thanks for visiting! <3

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Emily! I love your beautiful layout and wintery background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, this is so pretty. Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much talent it's unbelievable! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up, visit and find here free Nintendo eshop gift cards code

    ReplyDelete