You Can Do Magic! - New Sami Stamps Release!!

Happy Friday!
We have a super cute release for you today from Sami Stamps called Halloween Hoots!  Intrigued?  These images are just adorable and perfect for fall!

We are also starting a new challenge for October to Add Texture!
I have used the Witch Hoot image for my card.  Started off by inking up a super dark halloween type background using Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot right around the edges.  I really wanted to play with the "spooky" theme...though I feel this all turned out more cute that spooky :)  But in my attempt to achieve that, I made a galaxy swirl stencil and layered that over my inked up background.  Then working one swirl at a time, used white pigment ink and feathered it around the stencil.  My goal was to create a hard line on one side of the swirl and then have it fade off.

After that was done, I sprayed the whole thing with shimmer mist and let that dry.  Once that was dry, I went back into the galaxy swirls and added both white and glitter dots, concentrating a lot in the center and then scattering them toward the end of the swirl.  Since this awesome owl is flying through space, I had to add some clouds to finish off the scene.  So I die cut some out and then coated them in a nice thick layer of Faber Castell's Glass Bead Glitter Gel!  This is a new to me product, but holy cow!!  There is so much sparkle in this stuff!  It's easy to work with and clear when it dries!  Win!!

Anyhow :)  I set the clouds aside to dry since they were going to take a really long time and worked on my image.  This cutie is colored in with pencils.  Super simple coloring since it is a small image.  I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment onto vellum and tucked it behind his little broom and then foam mounted him onto my card.  The clouds were still a little wet when I was ready to add them to the card so I zapped them with my heat gun for a bit.  That helped the tops dry but the insides were still a little soft.

I love this card so much!  There is so much sparkle to the whole thing!!  It's gorgeous!!!

Be sure to stop by Sami Stamps to see this whole release and then join in our Add Texture challenge!  Just be sure to use a Sami Stamps image!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
    A Gem of a Challenge #179-Halloween
    Artistic Inspirations #164-Anything Goes
    Incy Wincy Designs-All That Glitters

Thanks for visiting! <3

5 comments:

  1. This is really cute Em! Your background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute!
    Thanks for playing along in the Artistic Inspirations Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkly swirl in the background. Thank you for joining in the All That Glitters challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Again: your coloring is stunning. But the Background... Amazing!! LOVE it!
    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete