Out of This World! - New Sami Stamps Release!

Hello and Happy Friday!!!
We have a super fun new release to share with you today over at Sami Stamps!  This release is called Planes and Play and is oh so adorable!
For my card, I've used the Flying Boy image.  To color him up, I first started with a solid layer of marker.  Then came in with my pencils to add all the shading and detail.  I have much more control with my pencils, but I like the solid base that the markers give me to start off with.

This little boy looks so excited to be flying!  I wanted it to look like he was flying up out of the clouds into space.  So I started my background by adding a little tiny area of yellow for the sun.  Then came in from the edges with a couple shades of blue, getting darker towards the outer right corner.

I die cut several cloud layers from white and a few from vellum and layered them all up all along the lower edge of the card.  My little fly boy was fussy cut out and added with a little bit of foam tape.  I tucked one wing under the clouds to give that suggestion that he's just popped up out of them.

For the propeller...I wanted to try something a little fun.  So I printed it all off 2 more times, once on vellum and once on white cardstock.  I cut the vellum out to include the whole front of the plane, including the motion stripes since the vellum represents the wind created by the propeller.

Then I colored and cut out just the propellers.  I added a brad in the middle and joined it with the vellum layer, keeping it a little loose so the propellers would spin!  It's a little tight...there are a few things I'd do a little different to make it spin better...but for now, it's so super cute that you can still spin the blades around!

I finished the card off by stitching my sentiment to the top of the card and added some white and glitter stars to the sky.

Oh and we're starting a new challenge for this month to Add Blue! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous weekend! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: