You Are Loved

Hello hello and Happy Tuesday!!
It's another snowy one here in Washington...kind of.  The weather has been quite weird lately...first snow, then rain, then the suns shining!  And right back to snow before you can blink...so strange.

Since I'm totally ready for spring, my card for today's new challenge at Tuesday Throwdown took on a very springy feel :)
It's been a really long time since I've used only patterned paper for my backgrounds.  I usually try to do something unique with a fun technique, but just wasn't feeling it for this card.  So instead I focused on the coloring to make my image pop and kept the rest of the card simple.

This little cutie is Amy in the Garden from our fabulous new sponsor-Sasayaki Glitter!  I colored her all up with my Prismacolor pencils and cut her out with a stitched rectangle before layering her onto my patterned papers.

I stamped and embossed a fun sentiment from HoneyBee Stamps onto vellum and then trimmed that into a flag and foam mounted it on the side.  A scattering of some Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and the card was done!

I hope you will stop by and join us for our Thinking of You challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Thanks for visiting! <3

4 comments:

  1. This is very cute! I love the adorable image and that paper is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Emily.Adorable sweet image and your design is beautiful ;D

    xx Nic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful background paper for this sweet image! It certainly does have a spring feel to it, and I think we're all feeling it!! I know I'm ready! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we're suppose to get another 2 to 4 inches tomorrow night & Monday so I'm right there with you on wanting spring to come. I love how she is colored and that your background papers give shape without overpowering. Always great cards Emily!

    ReplyDelete