Still My Hero

Happy Tuesday!
We have a great new challenge for you today at Tuesday Throwdown - For the Men!  Perfect time to get those Father's Day cards put together!

Our awesome sponsor is Doctor Digi!  I'm so glad to have this sponsor on our schedule this year!  They have the best humor images ever and so many of them are perfect for Father's Day!

When I saw this image, I knew I needed to use it...it's quite perfect if you know the type of interests my husband and I have.
This is Spider Stan from Doctor Digi.  My husband is a huge Spiderman fan and I know he will be till the day he dies...so this image just felt so perfect for me to have in my collection.  While he is still able to flip and jump and do crazy things like Spiderman, someday that may change.  But I know that even then, he will still be my hero :)

I started the card by creating a burst background with red and black distress inks and splattering it with some water and shimmer spray.  While that dried, I colored up my image with some Copic markers in the traditional Spiderman attire.

Then stamped and embossed a banner to write my sentiment on.  I'm still practicing my hand lettering, but after about a trillion attempts, I finally got one that I liked so I quickly traced it out with a lettering marker and added a little shading around the banner.

The final touches were some black enamel dots.

I hope you'll join us this week for our For the Men challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: