Welcome Baby Girl

Happy Monday!
I just wanted to remind you about our Inky Paws Challenge running right now!  You have one week left to play along with this gorgeous summer color challenge so don't delay!
Welcome baby girl by Emily features Winged Wishes by Newton's Nook, #newtonsnook
For my card today, I chose to use the Winged Wishes stamp set (which is retiring so don't miss out on getting your paws on this adorable set!).  I stamped everything out with Memento Tuxedo Black in since it is Copic safe, and then colored all the images in.

Leaving a slight white border, I trimmed everything out and arranged it onto my embossed stitched rectangle so I could black heat emboss the sentiment.

Lately I have found a major love for the new Distress Oxide inks and decided to see how they worked with some water stamping.  I know you can do this with the regular Distress Inks but I have never ever had any success with that....so I was really hoping the oxide inks would work better.  And holy smokes....it was amazing!  I did a few tests on a scratch piece of cardstock to see what it would look like and the difference was incredible!  The oxide inks actually turn more white so you can see the image you've stamped!  And some of the ink/water would pool up around the edges of the stamp creating a sort of border.  Ah, it was gorgeous!

So of course, I had to use that technique on my card!  I inked the whole paper up in Wilted Violet and then used a leopard print background stamp, misted it with some water and Perfect Pearls so the stamping would have some shine, and then placed my paper on top so that I could be sure I got even coverage and pressure.  I left the paper there for a few seconds (about 15...too much longer and my paper would start to stick)...then flipped it all over and pulled the stamp up off the paper to reveal the magic!  So - Gorgeous!!

Once that whole background was dry, I arranged all my pieces and mounted everything onto my card base!

Thanks so much for stopping by! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: