Golden Hello

Hello hello!!
Welcome back!  Have you joined our Polka Dot Inky Paws challenge yet???  You totally should!

How about a little inspiration?
This card...was quite the process to make!  I had the idea in my head and it turned out pretty close to that vision...but it was a lot of steps to get it done!

I started by cutting a piece of heat resistant acetate to use as my front panel.  Then applied some embossing paste through a zig zag polka dot stencil and coated that with some gold embossing powder.  While that dried, I worked on my leaves.

To get some gorgeous coloring on those leaves, I did a washy watery background with some oxide inks, layering up a bunch of colors and splattering it with some water.  Once that was all dry, I clear embossed some leaves from the Falling for Autumn set.  I wanted to preserve all that fun oxide coloring but still add a bit of extra detail.  So clear embossing them worked out well.

Once I had them cut out, I did a little rock and rolling with the leaf stamps again in some Versamark ink so that just the edges were inked up and I could add some gold embossing powder.  They are so stunning!  The multi colored tone they have with the gold flecking around the outside...stunners!

I cut out my sentiment and gold embossed that as well as embossed the acetate panel that had now dried.  Assembled everything together with a black card base.  So gorgeous!!!

I hope you'll join us!  You only have a few days left so don't wait!!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm blown away by how gorgeous this is! SO beautiful!! I love all the gold details you added! Thanks for the amazing inspiration!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete