Triple Embossed Leaves

Hey there!  Happy Monday!
I hope everyone had an incredibly fabulous weekend!  Are you ready for our second week in the Fall Themed challenge over at Inky Paws?

I couldn't put the Falling Leaves stencil down so I created another card with it :)
I started with a grey piece of cardstock and added various fall colors in distress oxide ink over my stencil.  The colors muted back a lot on the dark cardstock, but you can still see the different tones shining through the embossing.  Once they were all inked, I coated the whole stencil with versamark and added some clear sparkle embossing powder and heat set that.  Then repeated the inking process a second time but used ultra thick embossing powder for 2 more layers.  The leaves now have great dimension and shimmer with all the layers of embossing powder.

Since the background turned out so awesome, I didn't want to cover it completely up.  So I opted to use a sentiment from the Shades of Autumn stamp set and embossed that on vellum with some liquid platinum powder.  Then layered the vellum onto some black cardstock and scattered a few sequins for a little extra shimmer.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! <3

0 Fabulous Comments: