Always on my Mind

Hey!!  Happy Monday!
Have you had the chance to check out the newest sketch challenge at Inky Paws??
I say this ever time, sketches are a great way to kick-start your creativity if you are struggling to come up with an idea.  And this sketch is fabulous!
For my card this week, I pulled out the adorable Newton's Birdbath stamp set.  I colored this sweet image up with my copics and then trimmed it all out so I could layer the image onto a little scene.

Then I created my background by blending a couple of distress oxide colors together and used the Radiating Rays stencil from MFT Stamps for some extra detail.  I splattered the whole background with water and perfect pearls and set that aside to dry before cutting it out using the scallop frame from the Flags and Frames die set.

I layered my scallop framed oval onto the background and embossed my sentiment onto some vellum banners that I tucked behind everything.

I hope you'll give this sketch a try!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Thanks for stopping by! <3

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love all the colors in the background and the gorgeous little scene in the oval!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete